Advantages of Tailwind CSS
Tailwind CSS is basically a utility-first CSS framework for rapidly building custom user interfaces. It is a highly customizable, low-level CSS framework that gives you all of the building blocks you need to build bespoke designs without any annoying opinionated styles you have to fight to override.
The beauty of this thing called tailwind is it doesn’t impose design specification or how your site should look like; you simply bring tiny components together to construct a user interface that is unique. What Tailwind simply does is take a ‘raw’ CSS file, processes this CSS file over a configuration file, and produces an output.
Tailwind CSS can be used to make websites in the fastest and the easiest way.
Advantages of Using Tailwind CSS
Now that you are familiar with the what and why of Tailwind CSS, let’s take a look at some of its most prominent advantages.
1. It is Highly Customizable: Tailwind CSS is a highly customizable framework. Although it comes with a default configuration, it is simple to override it with a tailwind.config.js file. The configuration file enables easy customization of color palettes, styling, spacing, themes, etc. Tailwind combines the perfect utilities that facilitate easy management of projects and derive maximum CSAT.
2. It Has Common Utility Patterns: Eliminate the hassle of naming classes with Tailwind CSS. The availability of common utility patterns solves numerous problems like specifying classes, organizing them, cascading them, and much more. Utility classes simplify the process of creating custom components. You do not need to hard-code with Tailwind CSS. You can apply the theme() function to extract values from the configuration files.
3. It Can Be Optimized Using PurgeCSS: A major advantage of Tailwind CSS is that optimization can be performed using PurgeCSS. PurgeCSS can reduce the file size considerably by scanning the HTML and removing unused classes. It is easy to set up PurgeCSS in combination with Tailwind CSS and is highly recommended to do so before deploying the site. As the size of the project grows, the size of the CSS file also increases. However, this does not happen when using Tailwind. The use of a standardized set of classes keeps the file size small as long as the project remains active.
4. It Enables Building Complex Responsive Layouts Freely: This framework uses a default mobile-first approach. The availability of utility classes makes it easier to build complex responsive layouts freely. Utility classes can be used across a variety of breakpoints conditionally which helps in building complex responsive layouts hassle-free.
5. It Facilitates Fluid Community Interaction: Stuck with an unsolvable issue? The community can be the perfect solution. Become a part of this community and get comprehensive assistance from fellow users as and when required. Find answers to all your CSS-related queries on-the-go and create exceptional applications/websites without any hurdle. The Tailwind CSS team offers quick solutions for the speedy resolution of issues.
It has indeed created a buzz in this technology-first world. If your application size is very large, using this can greatly benefit you. Increase the efficiency of your project by segmenting complex components and achieving maximum responsiveness. The pre-packed styling options will help you in making your website/application designs more interactive.